Good Bye, Hello

Tomorrow morning Jessie and I found out if we are expecting a baby boy or a girl. The anticipation has been fun to share together, and I must admit that today I am like a child the night before Christmas. "It's going to be a boy! Wait, no its going to be a girl I can feel it! Now if its a boy he's probably going to be amazing at sports. If it's a girl though she is going to have me wrapped around her finger." In either case, I am beyond excited to be a father.

Something that I have not shared on here though is that the due date is set for November 19th, which is amazing because Patrick died last year on November 20th. The two occasions knit themselves to us like patches, and we will carry them for the rest of a lifetime. So I guess for every farewell sometimes in the same orbit there is a new hello ranking just as significant...