Big Parking Lots

At the school that I attend there are several large parking lots for the students, but due to an influx in the number of people now attending the university parking has reached its full capacity. It has been snowballing into quite an interesting situation. There are often times when a person has to park really long distances from the building, and when the weather is nice it is a pleasant hike, but during the winter months it is very uncomfortable. Through out my time here I have found that in these big parking lots I frequently discover a misplaced anger inside of me. These blacktops represent insignificant things in life that I sometimes allow to steal my peace of mind.

The other day I absolutely could not remember where I parked, and at first it was humorous but then it became completely frustrating. When I finally got in my car I found myself so mad that it was all I could think about on the drive home. That exact same day I heard about someone I know who is not investing into their child's life, and once again I became frustrated, but if I can be completely honest I must admit I was more fired up about not being able to find my car. What causes an anger to be so misdirected?

There are countless injustices throughout the world, yet I can get infuriated about stuff in a parking lot. I found myself wanting that exact same feeling I had the other day while looking for my car, but placed in the appropriate context. Maybe then, instead of yelling to myself in the car while I'm alone, I could channel that anger into something more productive that changes lives. What are your big parking lots? Lord, help us not to go through our lives misplacing our anger toward all the wrong things...